Friday, June 20, 2008

Swim Lessons-day 3 and 4

Day 3 went horribly. Lauren went backward in her confidence and her fear grew exponentially. Tears were hitting her cheeks as soon as she got in the water. Poor little thing. All she kept doing was looking at me and shaking her head no, as if telling me "don't make me do this!" It was a very hard day. Well we talked a lot after lessons on day 3 and before lessons on day 4. We talked about the fact that her instructor is a life guard and will keep her safe. She said she understood while her face said "I don't think so". I asked...more like pleaded...with Lauren to at least TRY everything that her teacher asks her to do on day 4. She was truthful and said, "I don't know if I can". Well, guess what!?! She did. She tried and did everything! She did the superman glide, the backfloat and flip-over, the getting her face under water, etc. I am so-so-so proud of Lauren today. I wish that I had my camera on day 4 because all she kept doing was looking at me and instead of shaking her head with tears in her eyes, she had a big grin with a thumbs up. As we walked into the locker room, Lauren said to me, "I guess this is kinda fun!" THANK YOU!!!

0 comments: