Sunday, June 29, 2008

A First and LAST time for me


Olivia is so brave. She thought it was so cool to hold a real tarantula. She wants to be a veterinarian when she grows up.
Lauren didn't want to hold the spider, but she did pet it.


It looks like I'm happy, but the fact is I haven't looked at my hand. I did this only because Olivia did. If you didn't know already, I am extremely afraid of spiders. Over the past few years I have come a LONG WAY. I can now kill some spiders in my home and I am not usually paralyzed with fear, although it has happened before. I think that having kids has really helped me to be on my way to overcoming this fear.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool! Even if my kid wanted to hold a tarantula, I would never feel I had to do it too!! Yuck! By the way, our favorite spider book is"Spiders Spin Webs" by Yvonne Winer and it's one of the most amazing spider books I have ever seen. The illustrations are amazing! Make sure to check it out!

Roberts Family said...

We have that book and it is great. One of my great Value Center finds!

Kirsten said...

I love the look on your face, Shannon!