Thursday, January 14, 2010

Girl Scout Cookie Time

We are so, so, so excited to sell cookies. This will be Lauren and Olivia's first Cookie Sale and WOW!! are they different than when I was a kid. As always, kids aim for prizes for the number of boxes they sell. How amazing are cumulative prizes? The girls can't get over if they get one prize, they get everything before it too. The girls are aiming hard for the laptop, which then gets you an iPod Touch, Sony PSP, and a flip camcorder, in addition to some absolutely adorable rainbow tie-dye attire and panda products. They are aiming HIGH. And I mean, really high. To get to the notebook, they need 2000 boxes. That's 167 cases. My house will look like a zoo if I have that much!!

Like the past three years, prices are $4 per box and there is amazing variety.


My favorite:
Trefoils are best right out of the freezer, really they're great!

So, if you are interested in cookies for yourself, let me know (family or nearby friends)

OR

if you are interested in purchasing cookies for military overseas, Red Cross, or local food banks, you can donate boxes to Gift of Caring. You'll get a donation receipt, which I believe is tax deductible.

Remember, Girl Scout cookies are only around once a year. Do you want to have a stash so you can enjoy them months down the road? Consider purchasing a case, or just more than for right now.

The troop goal is to sell enough to pay for horseback riding and a pizza party. Help them out. Contact me via email, or phone (if you have my number)...sorry it's not going on the web, and I will take your order.

Help Troop 20141 reach their horseback riding goal.

Shannon

2 comments:

Shawn said...

Sign me up! I'll email you. I ordered from the Guthries but I'll order from your girls too and send some to Loren on his mission. His birthday is on Valentine's Day.

Shannon R said...

Thanks so much Shawn. The girls are doing well, but if they want the BIG prizes, they'll have to step it up. They've sold a bit over 100 and it's been only two days of selling. We'll see how they do. :)