Sunday, January 17, 2010

She's got her nose in a book...

Olivia is really loving this reading thing. I can't keep her away from books. Recently she read the entire Frog and Toad Treasury.


Normally a parent wouldn't complain of a child that prefers to read much of her time, but she does so much reading like...


while she should be doing her schoolwork (that's not language arts),

while she should be eating,

while she is walking,

in the bathroom,

feet on the couch...head on the floor,

and then there is the reading aloud...

Don't get me wrong, she's an excellent reader, but reading aloud while I'm working with Lauren on math, or while Julia is trying to go down for her nap, or while I'm just trying to think, can be a little much. I'm so proud of her though! She just finished the Little Bear treasury.

What to start next? Hmmm, what is the read for this month's book group? That's the way to get it done. A live audio reading. What an idea. :D Way to go Olivia!

0 comments: