Friday, February 13, 2009

Aaaaaaahhhh!

Well, I was woken this morning at 5:30a by the phone. Dale was calling from outside VERY DISTRESSED!!! He worked late last night in Sonoma so took his company van home (nice bright PG&E blue with decals everywhere). Anyhow, when he went out this morning to go to work, it was gone. All that was left was the lowly wheel chock. After calling 9-1-1, the operator confirmed that the vehicle was just involved in a crash (I won't say accident, because it was on purpose). Apparently, the idiots that stole his van decided they wanted to break into the Island Market over on Springs Rd., so drove it through the front of the building. Dale was just called to go to the scene of the crime. Goll! Why do people have to steal? I just don't understand what goes through someone's head that would possess them to TAKE something that someone else worked hard for. Why do people think it's ok to get something for nothing or take something that doesn't belong to them. I'm furious at this concept. It's ridiculous that while so many of us work for the things we have there are others that just take it. While so many of us pay for what we get, others still just take it. While so many of us struggle with natural monetary things (for instance our microwave and tv recently went kaput), others will just take it. I'm sure the same breed of person that stole Dale's van would just schedule when they could pick up a replacement tv, we're having to save up for one. I am beyond angry right now at the thought that it is so commonplace for people to steal. It hasn't even entered my mind as an option for anything. Are these people mentally challenged or are they incapable of working!?! Stay tuned for more information. I'm sure that today's Valentine's party for our kids will be ruined because I'll have to take Dale out to Santa Rosa to get our van. People don't understand the domino reaction of people that are affected by something so stupid, that could have absolutely been avoided. Now Dale is worried that he'll lose his job, which I'm sure won't happen, but it's a possibility and all because someone didn't want to work and pay for something they WANTED. All I have to say now is AAAAAAAAaaaaaahhhh!

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

Oh my gosh! I can't believe some people! Good luck with all that you're dealing with, and let me know if I can help you out.

Shawn said...

Kinda late finding out about this but what a bummer! I hope everything has turned out ok by now.

Crystal said...

So sorry about the van, hope everything worked out, now that it is over a month ago!

How is your calling going? Is it keeping you bussy? I can't wait to see an update!!!!
Take Care of Yourself!
Crystal