Thursday, May 7, 2009

I'm Clutter Busting

OK, I've been dealing with the problem of clutter for my whole life and have finally made a conscious decision to make a change. I know hardly anyone reads my blog, especially since I haven't posted in quite a while, but I'm here now! I got this book: (for some reason the add image feature isn't working), but it's called Clutter Busting by Brooks Palmer. Anyhow, I've tryed Flylady and organize this and that and spring cleaning, but STUFF just keeps overtaking my house and sucking my energy. I wanted to actually physically commit to this and hopefully when I'm done I'll have something I love to show for it.
The biggest thing that I've seen while reading this book is that something can be in perfectly good condition, but if it isn't useful to me or I don't love it, then I don't need to keep it. I can let it go. I want to let go of a lot. I don't need all the CDs I have, or the books, or papers. I look forward to sharing with you my progress and would hope that someone else would join me in this campaign to clear clutter out of our homes and lives. Another huge point in the book is that if you have physical clutter, it is always associated with something mental. I'll have to figure out what that is for me, but I'm sure it won't be hard. Alright, wish me luck and please, if you are interested in being a support and you need the support as well, let me know and we'll hold each other accountable.
I know it will take awhile, but my goal is to have my home in a situation of loving it by my 30th birthday, that's December 20th. It's going to be hard, but I am going to do my best. Off to clutterbust my bathroom cabinet. :)
Shannon

2 comments:

TerriRuth said...

If you succeed Shannon come to MY house and cheer me along. Conrad and I need to go for it too!!! What a catastrophe we have! Go for it!!!

Shannon R said...

I've been working on it!! A lot slower process than I had hoped for, but it is happening. I just got rid of 30 pounds of stuff!! Donated to DI. It helped that it was mostly books, but it's a start. I've had a hard time in the past just getting rid of stuff, but decided if I don't LOVE it or use it often, then maybe I don't really need it.