Thursday, October 30, 2008

"I had this good idea..."

Well, last night Lauren came in due to a nightmare so I let her curl up next to me on the edge of our queen size bed that I already share with Dale and Julia. Dale woke up at one point (about an hour later) because he was falling off the bed. We were pushing him off apparently. So, I sent Lauren back to her bed. When Lauren went back to her room, Olivia woke up and I heard a big ruckus going on and then Olivia comes in crying that there was paper in her bed and she couldn't sleep and she proceeded into the bathroom. I had no idea what she was talking about...paper? I went into their room and almost peed my pants with laughter. I had to go back to Olivia in the bathroom to see what actually caused the fiasco that was her bed. This was her response: "I couldn't get the my covers and I needed to get covered because I was cold. I don't know where my covers went but then I had this good idea. I had paper in my bed (image the continuous feed printer paper --size of two pages wide--scrap paper for drawing) and I thought, "oh, that could cover me" I tried to cover me, but then it wasn't a good cover so I tried to get it off, but it kept getting bigger and bigger and I couldn't see anything. I wanted to cut it, but didn't know where is started to cut. I need your help."

OK, now I'll tell you what I saw. I walked into the room and being that Olivia is on the bottom bunk...imagine: continuous feed paper still attached to each other strewn all over the bed from the mattress all the way to the bottom of the top bunk and filling the entire underside area of her bed. It was so funny I didn't mind being up at 4am folding the paper back into a stack. I then had to come back to bed to tell Dale, but I was laughing so hard and crying tears of laughter, he didn't end up hearing the entire story until this evening. He did get the gist of it though that he did laugh. What a good idea she had..ha!

0 comments: