Thursday, September 18, 2008

I can't read!!

Well, ok, I can read, but I can't concentrate enough to actually READ. You know what I mean?


I am part of an online book group that is currently reading:

I've had the book for four weeks (that's one week longer than the allotted 3 weeks given by the library), so yes it's overdue, and I've only read 8 pages. I've tried to renew the book, but someone has it on hold so I can't. I have to go return it today to stop the overdue fines and to give the poor other person a chance to read the book. If anyone reads it, tell me how you like it and maybe I'll give it another try.

Last month, during the olympics, a friend let me borrow her book:


Yes, Twilight is the new "it" book and it's by an LDS author, so kinda cool. The main reason for me borrowing it is that the 3rd book in the series is on our bookgroup's agenda for November so I wanted to actually get going on the reading. Well, I've had that about a month also and wanted to read it, but felt guilt every time I picked this book up instead of the current book club read, so finally stopped. I guess I can try to start it up again.

My lack in ability to read could be the result of one or a combination of any or all of these causes: I have kids, I have a baby, she's teething, I homeschool, I have laundry to fold, I have a husband that is at home due to foot surgery who can't do anything...ok, he can finally kinda walk, but I still have to do a lot more than usual without the help.

Do I really have an excuse? There are plenty of other people that put books toward the top of their list, but I just can't at the moment. Maybe once Julia isn't nursing anymore. We'll see.

0 comments: