Wednesday, May 14, 2008

We have a Writer and Illustrator in the House!!!

Well, Lauren entered the Reading Rainbow Young Writers and Illustrators Contest back in March and by golly, SHE WON! She got first place for the KQED serviced Bay Area of first graders. Her story is called "The Tooth That Took Awhile to Come Out". It is super cute, so I will post the story after posting the great news! All I have is a black and white pdf version, but you will get the idea. On Saturday (May 10th, 2008) Lauren went and did a voice-over at the KQED studio because they are turning her story into a movie. When that is done I will post the link. It will be done before the awards ceremony that takes place on June 7, 2008. Her story is now being judged in the national competition, which she really wants to win. First prize is a laptop and has been her goal from the beginning. Funny, a six year old with her own laptop. It can happen.

0 comments: